Gememories

Sunday, December 31

Last Post for 2006

22 more minutes to the arrival of year 2007! Excited I am... for a new year brings new hopes, new resolutions, new challenges, new opportunities and of cos a new chapter of my life unfolds.

Year 2006 has been a really hectic and memorable year, filled with tears and laughters, difficulties and success. I have come a long way... to where I am today. I have grown alot in this one year, in terms of my maturity level and sensibility I guess. HAHA.

And now more in-depth, as in what special events took place in these twelve months of my life in 2006:

JANUARY:
- Sec 1 Orientation with Anzio (1A). It was fun taking care of them and showing them around the school... I felt a little senior though, in other words 'old'.

- DHS X'plore with 3E and 2I. Whoa running around Singapore and going to places I've never been to before. It was extremely FUN and yea I got to know a whole new bunch of energetic peers.

- Chinese New Year (: I can't exactly remember much about it except for the collection of angbaos ($.$)

- My haojiemei, Jue Hui, turned sixteen! Legal to pool and watch NC-16 movies ^^

FEBRUARY:
- I was in charge of the CNY games for all the levels and the planning was tedious... But everything was carried out successfully, just that the response was not exactly ideal.

- Art Club Amazing Race was fun for my fellow committee members and myself I guess. LOL but it was a great attempt at bonding art club members.

February was a busy month, with no public holidays at all. So it's mainly curriculum time and CCAs so yea not much interesting events to expect from a schoolgirl alright.

MARCH:
- Went to the Official Book Handover Ceremony held at Temasek Poly with Jue Hui. It was an eye opening experience and the library's really big! Yea this event was also featured on the news... ^^

- Arrival of March holidays. Nothing much, the last few days of the holidays must have been spent chionging homework.

APRIL:
- DHS Sports Meet at Jurong Sports Complex. I was a SC on duty for cheerleading. Yea it was fun screaming an shaking the shakers. Typical sports day which ended with me having a sore throat.

- Dad's birthday dinner! Which was filling but not exactly enjoyable due to some AP waitress at some restaurant.

MAY:
- My twin turned sixteen on 2 May! Woohoo.

- My other haojiemei, Yun Yin turned sixteen on 4 May!

- There's a career guidance workshop and we were told to do the DISC quiz... I was a high-C. I remembered being quite disappointed at that point of time... but gradually I realised that it's not that bad being a high-C person. And after assurance from Ms Chia, I believed that my personality changes according to the environment I am in.

- Attended this National Young Leaders' Day 2006 Talk at Singapore Expo. Listened to inspirational talks by WTO founder and local singer Kaira etc. I look forward to such talks in the future.

- Watched Da Vinci Code Movie on 26 May. One day before I turned 16, luckily they checked the year of my birthday instead of the date. The movie was good but quite disappointing I guess. I prefer the book.

- I turned sixteen on 27 May! And it was the day which I came in touch with Pillar of Hope and that set the connection between me and POH for the next four months or so. And I have not regretted ever since though it was hard work.

JUNE:
- BSP Camp at Singapore Sports School... was the facil for group Shaolin! Made many new friends and I did enjoy myself to some extent lah, if I dont include those moments which I felt left out and abandoned =p

- I was busy with POH stuff and school work and tuition for the rest of the holidays. Typical life of a schoolgirl, how many times must I repeat.

JULY:
- Did this geography project to test for the rate of infiltration of water in different types of grass. This project was simply torturous alright. Lady Luck just seemed to be so far away from my group at that point of time... We were the last group to plant the can and complete the report but well we got the best grade. whee. kudos to us! And thanks to Ms Pear who is ever so understanding (:

- Mathematics Seminar 2006 held at Nanyang Girls. It was quite interesting but I didnt have enough sleep the night before so I wasnt exactly attentive... which is a bummer cos it's not an everyday thing that you get to listen to professors from local universities speak. So yea I really appreciate the opportunity and feel ashamed of my attention level on that day.

- Start of Singapore Fireworks' Festival. Caught the first glimpse of the fireworks on the day when we watched 'The Lake House' at Suntec. Got lost on our way to Marina Sq. but still managed to get there safely in time. But it was disappointing cos we stationed ourselves at the wrong part of Marina Sq. Should have gone to the area beside Esplanade. Anyway I am still in loved with the tagline of 'The Lake House' : How do you hold on to someone whom you've never met? The movie was good but kinda confusing.

AUGUST:
- Continuation of Singapore Fireworks Festival. Despite the exams getting nearer and nearer, I still throw my textbooks aside on some of the days and go down to Esplanade to watch the fireworks. Be it alone or with my friends. Yea I was just so crazy over fireworks then.

- Attended this Service Learning Convention held at Toa Payoh Hub. Very inspirational too and my peers and I got a whole lot of new service learning ideas. Cool uh.

- The last week of August was EXAMINATION TIME. woohoo. Tough, tired, worried, scared. Each morning was spent mugging with the company of a cup of aromatic coffee.

SEPTEMBER:
- There's Parent-Child Day which my mom and I attended, browsing through my portfolio. After which was the Nanjing Immersion Briefing.

- Nanjing Immersion... Memorable moments spent with my buddy, Lucy. Her mom who is currently my godmom, had been a wonderful guardian. Her dog was quite intimidating at first, giving me a good scare down the stairs right on the first day. But Dou Dou proved to be a intelligent, adorable, fat doggie. My buddy's dad was wonderful too, he was the chaffeur for me and Lucy. I remembered the last night at Nanjing, I didnt sleep till about 4am. Cos I was busy writing postcards and preparing presents for Lucy and her parents. And on the last day, both of us nearly caused a flood of tears in Nanjing. Couldnt bear to leave each other. Really look forward to seeing her again when she comes over next year. I must give her an enjoyable time in Singapore just like how she did when I went to Nanjing.

- Watched 'Forbidden City' musical at Esplanade. Fantastic!

- Bought my new handphone on Sep 27. E900 is such a beauty alright.

- Watched 'The Banquet' which was the first movie I fell asleep while watching in a cinema

OCTOBER:
- First time k-boxing with YQ, Clar and WJ at Orchard Cine. Super fun lah but didnt really dare to sing at first. But warmed up le jiu no problem liaos! ^^

- Went to YQ's house to pool and sing karaoke too. Clar taught me and shumin mahjong and I've been enjoying mahjong ever since.

- Watched Deathnote 1. It was so enthralling alright! Jus that I was quite disappointed that I have to wait for about 2 months before the part 2 comes out. But now that I've watched the part 2, I realised that it's worth the wait cos the entire movie just rocks my socks! (:

- Movie Marathon at Yuhan's house. Watched 'Daisy' and I cried. Touching... Watched 'Helen the baby fox' too but I wasnt really concentrating on the film so despite that touchingness, I didnt tear this time.

- POH Presentation in front of 11 judges. Yea we got shortlisted and had to do a presentation about our project. I was all nervous and excited on that day. And from that day onwards, Eunice Olsen has become a figure of inspiration in my life.

- Took up yoga at Oasis Holistic and has been a yogi ever since, regular in my attendance for yoga lessons, be it rain or shine. The only thing is that I dont practise at home.

NOVEMBER:
- GMPS Community Day. Went back to my alma mater to support them in their fund-raising activities. I donated generously and caught up with a few of my juniors.

- Mr and Ms Teen Environment 2006 held at Singapore Expo. I was in the backstage crew or something. We slacked around then did some packing and arrangements of the trophies. It was a two-day activity inclusive of dry run. And for the competition, both the male and female contestants from Dunman High won. Qiang2 right? :D

- 4J Class Chalet at Pasir Ris Costa Sands. It was pretty much slacking around and not much bonding done. The first night was spent at Changi Airport... haha fun night out gossiping lah then we slept like pigs when we got back to the chalet in early morning on the second day. The bbq on the first night was not bad too. Went cycling. Rode a double-bike with Yun Yin and I was struggling with the controlling and balancing of the bike at first but eventually got the hang of it. Phew luckily otherwise both our lives would be at risk and it would've been my fault ><

- Yi Ling turned sixteen and we celebrated her birthday one day before at Citylink Mall. Bought a cake for her. Then there was this mass sharing and gossiping session at Starbucks Suntec. What can you expect when a group of six girls come together? ^^

- Fish Leong's Concert at Singapore Expo. Went with Shu Min, Wenxiang, Boonkian and their friends. Cool... WX even brought light sticks. After the concert ,we managed to get Fish's autographs. whee

- Before the concert was YFC2006 prize giving ceremony at the Supreme Court's auditorium. Security was tight but the place was nicee. Set up our booth and collected our prize cash and certificates and trophy for the best volunteer managament award. We jus rock!

- SPH Wildlife Ambassador Programme held at Singapore Zoo. Taking the train to AMK every morning and switching to a bus before reaching the zoo half an hour later was not exactly enjoyable but the prog was fun and we made lotsa friends and got alot of knowledge of the zoo. I look forward to the 6 commitment sessions next year...

DECEMBER:
- YVIP06 camp. A inspiring and interesting camp. Gained lotsa skills and knowledge relevant to volunteering. Made lotsa friends and learnt lotsa camp songs too ^^

- YVIP06 Attachment to Sunlove Home. It was a great experience interacting with the intellectually disabled and dementia elderly there. And I was able to practise my Hokkien speaking skills... The two weeks have been great and I am starting to miss the attachment. I will definitely go back to the home to help out when I am free... despite the fact that it is in Buangkok. The distance will not hinder my passion for volunteering! :)

- 6 Charity Class Gathering at Swensens at PS. It wasnt exactly organized and the response wasnt good but the gathering was still considered to be successful and yea kudos to us organizers and thanks to all who turned up for the gathering!

- Girls Day Out with sistas on 28 Dec. This marked a very special day for the six of us from this year onwards. It was a day of pure enjoyment and genuine bliss and happiness. Kboxing just rocks with you sistas. The gift-exchanging rocks even more. It doesnt matter how big or small the gift is, how cheap or expensive it is, how many or few there is, as long as the gifts are from you sistas, they are fit to be treasured for a lifetime. Cheers!

- Teachers' Telematch at DHS Campus. Haha fun day out with the teachers. Mrs Tay from my gorup 8 is really nice! She kept giving me scary stares to make sure I wasnt giving them the wrong hints. haha my group of teachers was really enthu and they were so engrossed in finding the puzzle pieces and places of the clues that i couldnt find time to get them to do forfeits. uh uh haha. yea Mrs Tay treated me to drinks after the telematch too. thank you ^^

- YVIP06 Afterglow held at SMU yesterday. It mainly consisted of presentations, skits, thanksgiving speeches and talk about schedule 2007. Also the signing up for team v.

- Watched Deathnote 2 with Li Wen yesterday after Afterglow at PS. After getting the tickets, both of us were only left with seven dollars and we used that to get a popcorn combo. Then we devoured the popcorn and ice lemon tea cos we were like super hungry and as i mentioned previously we got the best seats at the very last minute. yea the movie totally rocks. You should go catch it. 'L' is like the cutest character, the smartest genius too. The whole film is simply ingenious lah. The two Gods of Death are pretty entertaining too. Esp Ryuk who loves apples as much as I do ^^

Alright thi post sums up all the special events and activities in 2006. I shall go catch my beauty sleep and wake up to a brand new day of a brand new year with recharged energy and optimism!

CHEERS FOR THE NEW YEAR 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home