Gememories

Saturday, June 11

more blogging

blogging rawks. and i am addicted to it currently. so i shall blog more. btw did you happen to come across any bulletin on friendster regarding a story abt a mother who only had one eye? hmm if you havent check out the following. its really touching. and believe it or not i cried after reading it. i have no idea why i am getting all emotional and stuff. but well i jus did laa. it doesnt help when i watched tonghua's mv after reading the story. only made my tears flowed faster and free-er.

from friendster:

my mom only had one eye.i hated her... she was such anembarressment..my mom ran a small shop at a fleamarket.she collected little weeds and such tosell...anything for the money we neededshe was such an embarressment.there was this one day during elementaryschool..it was field day, and my mom came.i was so embarressed. how could she dothis tome? i threw her a hateful look and ranout.the next day at school..."your mom only has one eye?!?!" ..andtheytaunted me.

i wished that my mom would justdissappear fromthis worldso i said to my mom,"mom.. why dont you have the othereye?!if you're only gonna make me alaughingstock,why dont you just die?!!!"my mom did not respond..i guess i felt a little bad, but at the sametime, itfelt good to think that i had said what i'dwanted tosay all this time..maybe it was because my mom hadntpunishedme,but i didnt think that i had hurt herfeelings verybadly.

that night...i woke up, and went to the kitchen to geta glassof water.my mom was crying there, so quietly, as ifshewas afraid that she might wake me.i took a look at her, then turned away.because of the thing i had said to herearlier, therewas something pinching at me in thecorner of myheart.even so, i hated my mother who wascrying out ofher one eye. so i told myself that i wouldgrow upand become successful.cause i hated my one-eyed mom and ourdesperate poverty..then i studied real hard.i left my mother and came to Seoul andstudied,and got accepted in the Seoul Universitywith allthe confidence i had.then, i got married.i bought a house of my own.then i had kids, too..

now i'm living happily as a successfulman.i like it here because it's a place thatdoesntremind me of my mom.this happiness was getting bigger andbigger,when..what?!who's this?!...it was my mother.....still with her one eye.it felt as if the whole sky was falling aparton me.my little girl ran away, scared of mymom's eye.and i asked her,"who are you?!""i dont know you!!!" as if trying to makethat real. iscreamed at her," how dare you come tomyhouse and scare my daughter!""GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!"and to this, my mother quietly answered,"oh, i'm so sorry. i may have gotten thewrongaddress,"and she dissappeared out of sight.thank good ness... she doesnt recognizeme..i was quite relieved.i told myself that i wasnt going to care, orthinkabout this for the rest of my life.then a wave of relief came upon me...one day, a letter regarding a schoolreunion cameto my house. so, lying to my wife that iwas goingon a business trip, i went.

after the reunion, i went down to the oldshack,that i used to call a house...just out ofcuriositythere, i found my mother fallen on thecold ground.but i did not shed a single tear.she had a piece of paper in her hand.... itwas aletter to me.

my son...i think my life has been long enoughnow..and... i wont visit Seoul anymore...but would it be too much to ask if iwanted you tocome visit me once in a while?i miss you so much.. and i was so gladwhen iheard you were coming for the reunion.but i decided not to go to the school....for you...and i'm sorry that i only have one eye,and i wasan embarressment for you.you see, when you were very little, yougot into anaccident, and lost your eye. as a mom, icouldntstand watching you having to grow upwith onlyone eye... so i gave you mine...i was so proud of my son that was seeinga wholenew world for me, in my place, with thateye. i wasnever upset at you for anything you did..thecouple times that you were angry withme,.. ithought to myself, 'it's because he lovesme..

'my son... oh, my son...i dont want you to cry for me, because ofmydeath.

isnt it touching? very touching rite? didnt it touch ur heart and make tears well up in your eyes?

btw i realised how i cld cry when i watch tonghua's mv. you noe that part when the girl passed out and guangliang carried her outside the concert hall to get help or sth. she said sth like 'will you remember me? will you remember me for a very long time? when you think of me, you must be happy kkaes?'

yuppps this is the part. hahas. when you are dying and you know that there are ppl who will think of you and miss you and remember you for life, you will feel contented. yesterday was that show 'tong yi wu yan xia' final episode. haiyang went into a coma after falling down a flight of stairs i think. i miss that part cos i was refilling my water bottle. then its like everyone got worried abt him and kept asking him to wake up. they showed the concern and care they nv showed when he was conscious. sometimes human beings just hafta huai nan jian zheng qing. dont you agree? hmmmm. just when you thought the whole world has turned its back on you, why. there might be just one person who still cares and has always cared for you. hahas. or maybe many ppl care. but you neglect them.

in this life, there are lotsa reflections to be done. yuppps. i gtg. byeeee. going shopping and grandpa's house later. tata. tag my board kkaes. its kinda stagnant liaos. take care ppl. well cos i care ((:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home